3/20/2008

GOOD EVENING MR. GRUBSWORTH

I got lunch today at a grimy little Mexican migrant taco bus in the Rainier area ghetto, and they were playing Boards of Canada’s Music Has the Right to Children album on their little stereo. No, not really, but for a second I thought they were. Can you imagine?

Later, I was walking on the street and stopped to tie my shoe. I’m a guy whose shoes come mysteriously untied all the damn time. I don’t know if I’ve ever in my life seen someone else stopping on the street to tie their shoes, but I do it all the damn time. I don’t understand it. Very annoying. I bent down to tie my shoe, and noticed a little skirmish taking place in miniature on the sidewalk, a little ruckus, a kerfuffle if you will, between several ants and a grub of some kind. The ants were gathered around and on top of the grub just whaling on it, just kicking this grub’s ass, and the grub was doing its defensive manuever/dance move that involves it pretty much just thrashing back, forth, back, forth, sorta writhing on the ground in a gyrating motion that I could imagine being potentially sexy on a different body type, like maybe something with limbs. And as I watched this battle take place, this little frou frou, I considered intervening to break things up, as I didn’t really like the idea of multiple ants ganging up on a fat fleshy turd that doesn’t even have limbs. But then I realized that I probably didn’t like whatever nasty species that grub was going to turn into anyway, so I just walked away.

10 comments:

  1. I have this problem with shoelaces too. My sister, who's two years younger than me, learned how to tie her shoelaces when she was three, anda I couldn't figure it out until up when I was six or seven. So I had to have this humilliating situation now and then, when there were no grownups around: having my little sister tying my shoelaces for me.
    I would buy only shoes without shoelaces. The thing is I really like Converses, so I'm always knelt down, which is ridiculous. My girlfriend mocks me all the time because of that. And she laughs when I'm putting my shoes on, because I knee down to do that too. Women can be pretty annoying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm Isaac? Yeah I'm basically totally in love with you... and I've been reading your blogs for a long time now and I thought it was best that you finally knew.

    Really though. You are amazing. And if I'm ever bored, it's good to know that there's someone that doesn't even know me that's willing to entertain me in a way as deeply intense as you.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Taya, all this talk about me entertaining you deep and intense is making me blush a little. Glad I can be of service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new layout isn't Mac friendly.

    Look into that.

    Yeah. Do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have helped that poor little grub!!! Don't you have no love in your heart??? And what the hell is a grub???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quitting my job tomorrow.
    (sorry. It's 1:15 a.m. here; I needed to tell someone...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whats a grub? I get that shoelace problem all the time...but I actually know how to tie my laces, strangely enough.

    It's best to stay out of politics we know nothing of

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read over my comment and realised I also sounded like I was asking what a grub is. I know what a grub is, and I always have a craving to eat them as they look strangely crunchy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jordana, yeah, when you said "What's a grub?" I was pretty sure that meant you didn't know what a grub is. :) Good thing you corrected me.


    Congratulations Marco! The blog is your full time job now? You are living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and Anonymous, can you be more specific? There's no "new layout" per se, I've been using this Blogger template for ages. No one else I know using a Mac has had any problems, what is it doing for you?

    ReplyDelete