12/15/2008

Densely Packed Children

You know how when you see those big mobs of little kids being herded across the street like tiny hairless cattle? Are those daycare groups on their way to the park, or an illegal child-stealing operation bringing shipments of children to a sausage plant where they make illegal sausages out of children? You would think that kind of thing would be illegal.
But if it’s not illegal I think the daycare workers should definitely wear cowboy hats, and be riding horses. And if a kid got too far out of line, instead of saying something like “Hey, get back in line!” they would do that thing where they throw the lasso around them and then tie their hands and feet together and sling them over their shoulders, cowboy style. That would be a daycare that teaches kids about the realities of life.


(For the next few updates I'm going to include my WARM BODIES promotion at the bottom, so it doesn't get buried. I really want to this book to go.)



So my friends, we are coming down to it. Reports from my test readers are coming in, I'm working on the edits, and everything is on schedule to have this book written, printed, and beautifully bound by January 2009. Keep in mind I can ONLY PRINT 100 COPIES, so if you really want to read this book, I encourage you to PREORDER NOW. Unfortunately, as much as I like you and all, I won't be able to reserve or set aside copies for anyone, I just can't afford to risk it, so it's going to be first come first serve.

That said, I love you all very very much, and can't wait to share with you the world I've been living in for the past 8 months. Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. The worst is when they are all holding onto a rope and walking down the street. That is just kind of strange and not based in reality. Adults don't walk down the street holding onto a rope...Maybe they should, though?

    When I worked as a toddler teacher we would have some of the kids in a wagon/buggy type thing and some walking. Without fail, at LEAST once a day someone would come up to one of us teachers and say "Are those all your kids?!" Every. single. day. They would also say other weird things like "Do they understand English?" and "Did the kids build that wagon?" It was super bizarre. And amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA, "Did the kids build the wagon", that is bizarre and priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will the order link stop working once 100 payments have been made? Just curious, I've already ordered mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, I'm keeping track of it. When the 100 are gone, I'll take the order page down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made me lol.

    I made my pre-order today!! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...found your "Bathroom" story using Stumble on Firefox. Checked out the rest of your page and was intrigued by "Warm Bodies" and have ordered my copy! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete