12/13/2008

WARM BODIES official trailer!

You know me. I don't let a little censorship and family outrage slow me down. After having my teaser trailer axed and pulled offline by the offended father of the kids I filmed, I have gone back to the drawing board, and created another one. This one is not a teaser, this is the full length official promo for WARM BODIES. Think of it as the back of a book jacket, but more fun, and with less drooling hyperbole by the publisher. Enjoy...



So my friends, we are coming down to it. Reports from my test readers are coming in, I'm working on the edits, and everything is on schedule to have this book written, printed, and beautifully bound by January 2009. Keep in mind I can ONLY PRINT 100 COPIES, so if you really want to read this book, I encourage you to PREORDER NOW. Unfortunately, as much as I like you and all, I won't be able to reserve or set aside copies for anyone, I just can't afford to risk it, so it's going to be first come first serve.

That said, I love you all very very much, and can't wait to share with you the world I've been living in for the past 8 months. Merry Christmas.

14 comments:

  1. Do books usually have "trailers"? I have never seen this done before. But maybe I'm slow.

    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book trailers only started happening when public online video like youtube became commonplace. It's still far from ubiquitous but there are more and more of them. Seems like a pretty good idea to me. Why should movies have all the fun??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ending...no way that's the Julie from the Inside...That'd be pretty interesting though to have some continuity action going on

    Sick trailer either way. I feel a preorder coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a video trailer for a novel is a brilliant idea. I shall have to try it one of these days. In other news, I AM SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED TO READ THIS BOOK. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ear, Jerrod. Actually this is kind of a weird case... It's not the Julie from the Inside, but for various reasons I just REALLY wanted this character's name to be Julie. So since only 80 or 90 people have ever read the Inside, I'm going to do a little "retcon" here and change the name in The Inside to something else before The Inside is ever published again. So from now on, yes, forget Julie Martin from The Inside, she is no more. There's a new Julie in town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really just fantastic. I've got a real love of zombies and it's very, very refreshing to see something from a zombie's point of view. Consider me to be very seriously considering pre-ordering the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book preorder complete! Very excited, sir. When do you think it will be ready to fly into my loving embrace?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds an aweful lot like 'We Kill Children' in the background. I love that song, and actually wrote a little ditty from the opposing view. Well done once again.

    Are we friends yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are correct sir, Noah, it's a slightly remixed version of that song, with a cello added.
    What do you mean "from the opposing view"? What is the opposing view?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The opposing view is, that we don't kill our inner children, and there are ways to keep them alive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you can keep them alive if you try. But many many people let them die. And even if you're trying, you WILL lose your original innocence and simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with that. I'm pretty sure I say something like 'wish I could fall asleep anywhere like you could' or something. I think maybe we all eventually concede to at least being able to remember what it's like as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, no more The Inside Julie? But I love all the characters there!
    I'll keep them both, cause people sometimes have the same name, right?

    Good luck! I'm looking foward to find a new job, so I can afford these "overseas" things.

    ReplyDelete