12/02/2009

Short Story Collection = Yes



After saving it up for years, I don't think I can hold it in anymore, so I'm going to let go and release a flood of short stories all over you people. Wait, that came out wrong. What I mean to say is, I'm going to self-publish a short story collection.

I never did this before because I figured I'd just wait and see if I could publish them legitimately once Warm Bodies comes out, but apparently this is unlikely. My agent may be able to sell some of them individually to various literary journals, etc, but a book of shorts is apparently unsellable in the current industry climate. So I'm just going to do it myself.

I'm currently working on my longest and most complex short ever, almost a novella, really, and when I finish it, the book will appear. Magically, by itself. So I guess this is a mostly useless posting, but I just wanted to let you know what I'm working on right now, and hopefully build some anticipation because these books are going to be cool and unique and made by hand and I want you to have them.

That is all. Bye.

Isaac

6 comments:

  1. hooray!
    i asked you once about this, now here is the answer (= thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Very excited to see it when it's published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH we want ARC's! =P I'll make sure to snatch this one up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will buy it, as I have bought everything you published, including that grocery list you thought you threw away.

    ReplyDelete