1/19/2010

R goes to Hollywood

Guys, at the risk of sinking this whole blog under the weight of all the good news lately:

Summit Entertainment is making a movie of Warm Bodies.

Yes, the Summit Entertainment responsible for films such as Memento, Once, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, The Hurt Locker, and, *cough*, The Twilight Saga.

Jonathan Levine, director of one of the best films nobody saw, The Wackness (here's the trailer, and it's a lot better than the trailer so go rent it you assholes.) has signed on to direct, and is writing the script right now, WHILE starting shooting on a new movie with Seth Rogen and James McAvoy. (That's multi-tasking, kids.)

I confess, I've known about this for a long time, but Hollywood is very cloak-and-dagger about this stuff and I've been wrist-slapped several times for even the vaguest innuendos posted on Facebook, so I haven't been able to say anything till now.

No hiding it anymore though, check it out:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118013980.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Yes I'm X-ed out and zombiefied but that's my face on the front page of Variety, fools! And the blurb doesn't even make it sound stupid!
There's only one thing I can say about all this:  

:D

26 comments:

  1. Between this and the Scott Pilgrim movie, I am the happiest person on Earth. Congrats, Isaac. ENJOY YOUR BILLIONS YOU SELLOUT (i hope you enjoy your billions)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooo exciting gaaaaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST READ THIS NOVEL! The trailer for the book drew me in and now I must have it. My brain needs to digest a new book, and I feel this is the one it has been craving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is horrible, but I had to come back and say it anyway - will it be rated "R"?

    Har de har.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best comment of the day goes to Emera. We could really just take all the known Pirate jokes and convert them into Warm Bodies jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I seriously look forward to seeing the movie and whispering to everyone, "You know, I knew who this guy was - BEFORE he got all famous!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I've really been half-assed about our e-lationship thus far, but now that you're going to be rich we should really take things to the next level...

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww man i wanted to direct warm bodies. i would stay true to the book and have you issac as a writing partner. oh well. i just might like to do a short story adaptaion. good luck issac. ive been wanting this to be made into a movie the second i got the book in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the news, how exciting this must be for you! Yes you don't know me but you know my sister Bruna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good god man. This is fantastic. Now not only will I be able to see the movie, I'll be able to be an elitist ass and say, upon leaving the theatre, "The book was better."

    I can't wait! Congrats sir, you've definitely deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THATS GREAT ISAAC!! congratulations!
    soon my first edition books will be worth loads of money q=

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BRAINLESS ZOMBIE GLEE

    ReplyDelete
  13. "We could really just take all of the known Pirate jokes and convert them into Warm Bodies jokes!"

    In which case I thoroughly look forward to Talk Like a Zombie Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations.

    I really like the story, btw. And I can't wait for the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw shit...

    THAT IS SO EXCITING.
    I'M SO EXCITED, THAT I'M WRITING IN CAPS LOCK.
    :)

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG OMG! CONGRATULATIONS ISAAC!! :DDD I can't wait to see it on screen n__n!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! Congratulations Issac!!! That's amazing! I remember waaay back reading "I am zombie ... " and thinking that it was the most amazing short story and knowing you had some serious talent!! I am sooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. : D is an understatement! I'm so glad this is happening to you; you've earned it! I'm so impatient now.... I must see this movie!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just don't stop writing your short stories. They are at least equal in awesomeness with the news you have just shared.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I won't, Falkin. In fact, as soon as I turn in the final draft of Warm Bodies in a week or so, I'm going right back to work on my bizarre half-finished longest short story ever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Will that be anything like Arthur C. Clarke's infinitely long short story?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm late to the party but CONGRATS! This is AMAZING news and I can't wait to see the movie. ^_^

    ReplyDelete