4/14/2010

My First Interview! by Playskool

This week I did a phone interview with an internet radio show in which they asked me about how I self-published Warm Bodies (spoiler: I didn't, really, all that much, only kind of...) what the book is about (spoiler: long and rambling explanation) and what the Secret to Success is. (spoiler: Dunno.)

I'm definitely better at writing my thoughts over period of hours or days than speaking my thoughts over period of seconds, but I will get better at this, I must!

So, listen here guys...
Listen here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepublishinginsiders/2010/04/13/interview-with-author-isaac-marion

(I come in at about the 30 minute mark. You can click in the time window to advance forward)

5 comments:

  1. Good first interview. I wouldn't change a thing, content-wise... were you terribly nervous? It doesn't show, if you were. My tone would be all over the place, and also I sometimes have this unpredictable laugh that is kind of like a small grenade exploding.

    You sound like I thought. That rarely happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she fell for the April Fool's joke! :DDDD

    Your interview was charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you don't know anything about the book I guess you could buy that story. I took the post down because I didn't want word getting around that that was the actual cast...it wouldn't be the first time I got spanked for breaching some protocol or another.

    I was pretty terrified, Ms. Couplet. I didn't know what to expect, question-wise, and I'm not the greatest at freestyling tricky answers that have to balance the reality as I see it with marketing as my agent sees it. There's a reason celebrities on talk shows give a lot of vague answers and stick to a predetermined set of talking points--it's easy to accidentally insult someone or blow your marketing campaign...

    Anyway, as far as sounding like you thought...thanks, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I really admire your confidence - to forego getting a degree because you're sure you can make it as a writer, that takes guts that I don't have, but here you are! Most inspiring indeed.

    ReplyDelete