8/12/2010

Do Nerds Dream of Nerdy Sheep?

I had a really obvious, heavy-handed dream last night. Usually they're more oblique, but this one didn't bother with subtlety. I went to bed with two things weighing on my mind:

1. Problems with my printer and difficulties designing a cover for Flashlights in the Basement. 
2. My first major interview about Warm Bodies with a British sci-fi magazine called SFX.

What was my dream about? Part 1 involved me struggling to print out a portrait of Lieutenant Worf and mount it inside a picture frame that kept changing size and defying geometry. Part 2 involved an alien race deciding that humanity was unfit to live and threatening to wipe us out unless my friend Erin and I could write an essay convincing them that we are actually pretty cool. So they abducted us to their planet and set us up in a newsroom type office, and for a while I thought it was kind of an honor that they thought I was a good enough guy to speak for humanity, that they must kinda respect me, but the alien they assigned to oversee us--played by Party Down's Adam Scott--was a total dick about it and it became pretty clear pretty quickly that they didn't respect me at all and saw me as some kind of repulsive lab animal. 

:(

So yeah, pretty cliche dreams, subconscious. Way to point a blinking arrow at my two biggest stressors and not-so-subtly underline my insecurities. I have diarrhea today, what am I going to dream about tonight? Having diarrhea?

Stupid subconscious.


2 comments:

  1. i had a dream i got so fat my bellybutton grew a penis. beat that. (literally!...lets not)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to brag to my friends on day that I discovered you first, for the record.
    -E

    ReplyDelete